First Aid at Work Requalification
The First Aid at Work Requalification course is for when the current certification is no more than 28 days past the expiry date (proof required). It will enable the learner to refresh and further develop skills and knowledge to deal with a wider range of emergency situations and take appropriate action, including medical and trauma.
To achieve this qualification unit 1 (EFAW) and unit 2 (FAW) must be completed and a current valid FAW certificate (or within 28 days of expiry) must be presented.
The unit’s covers all aspects of health and safety (first aid) regulations 1981; -
* understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
– the importance of preventing cross-infection;
– the need for recording incidents and actions;
– use of available equipment;
* Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
* administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
* administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use an automated external defibrillator;
* administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
* administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
* administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
* provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
* Administer first aid to a casualty with:
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- Chest Injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye Injuries
- Sudden poisoning
- Anaphylactic shock
* Recognise the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and provide appropriate first aid.
Assessment is carried out through continuous practical observation, simulation and theory (multiple choice) assessment.
This qualification combines unit 1 and unit 2.
Learners must have a reasonable understanding of English to achieve the requirements of this unit.
The course duration is 2 days (normally 0900 – 1700Hrs)
The cost starts from £125pp or £1000 for a group (up to 12 persons).
If you have any questions, please ask as we may be able to negotiate prices based on the courses/packages you require.